Creating an engaging careers platform with a refreshed employer brand
UK Tote Group, is the UK’s leading pool betting operator with almost 100 years’ heritage.
Tote had large requirements for candidates across the business, with a particular demand within their IT and Data teams. They were competing for talent with well-known names in tech, and often perceived as just a “gambling company” which created barriers for attracting candidates.
Tote also wanted a full Employer Branding refresh to reflect life at Team Tote in an authentic way.
We took the time to understand their business, products, vision and values with great knowledge of the technologies they work with. The Holler team conducted a full employer brand strategic audit, to discover the existing employer brand and help shape this into a defined proposition. This included:
- Employer brand kick-off session.
- Reviewing current employer brand and talent acquisition activities.
- Competitor analysis.
- Built and populated the Team Tote Careers Hub.
- EVP research and survey sent to the internal Employer Branding team.
- Assigning an Account Manager, sending over cover letters with every CV and detailed feedback following interviews.
Based upon these findings we worked closely with the internal team to shape “TeamTote” with:
- New EVP, employer brand architecture and brand guidelines.
- Embedded font and colour scheme into new employer branding guidelines.
- Through the careers hub allowed candidates to understand who Tote were
- Created content to highlight that Tote was not just another ‘gambling’ company, highlighting ways they protect customers, support British horseracing and invest into theirpeople
THIS WAS BROUGHT TO LIFE THROUGH:
- Careers page
- Employer brand workshop
- Calendar content plan
- Employee activation using #TeamTote
- Blog series
- Targeted paid social to increase employer brand visibility to the target candidate demographic
Social Campaigns and Blog Content
“Leah and the Holler Team have also been great supporting us with developing our employer brand. By hosting sessions and workshops with our internal employer brand team, supporting with content creation for our new careers page and putting together improvements and suggestions to develop our overall employer brand. This Employer Branding team again are experts in this field and have been a pleasure to work with”.
Sally Ward – Recruitment Coordinator